Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Spice Rack Make-Over

This has nothing to do with Russian food, but I'm pretty excited about my "new" spice rack so I thought I'd share. I got my spice rack as a wedding gift five years ago and in these five years it mostly sat quietly in the corner collecting dust since none of the spices that it came with are of any use. I've never come across a recipe that calls for savory or marjoram. And the fish, steak, and poultry seasonings look rather suspicious. I'm actually curious how many of you who own spice racks actually use the spices they come with... Anyhow, this week I decided that I'm going to chuck it and make room for something else. Lucky for the spice rack, I came across a pretty nifty label maker on my trip to Costco today and a brilliant idea occurred: What if I just chuck the spices I don't use, relabel the jars, and fill them with spices I do use... And that is exactly what I did. This is why I'm still up at midnight because I've been cleaning, drying, labeling, and refilling the spice jars all evening. Here are the results:

BEFORE / DURING / AFTER




Very exciting, isn't it? Although, now that I think about it, I haven't really used any spices other than salt and pepper in any of the Russian food recipes I've made so far... Time to experiment!

No comments:

Post a Comment